Re: [avr-gcc-list] ELF to Extented COFF conversion for C++

From: Eric Fu
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ELF to Extented COFF conversion for C++
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:51:24 +1100

Thanks for the reply.

> GDB can debug C++ quite well.
My intention is to use STK500 for initial evaluation and later move on to
AVR JTAG ICE to do In-circuit debugging. Target device is ATMega16.  I'd
like to use GDB if it is capable of do these. However, from GDB menu, there
is no selection for either STK500 or AVR JTAG ICE, although mentioned in one
of Eric Weddington WinAVR installation guides, "helper" program AvaRice is
required for use with JTAG ICE. I just have no idea how.

And I also have trouble to understand "Remote/Serial" for establishing a
connection to a target board via a serial line in GDB. Since without knowing
what the Target is, whether the Target can support this, how can the
debugger work?.

Eric F