Re: [avr-gcc-list] how to use linker?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] how to use linker?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:51:42 -0700

On 18 Dec 2003 at 9:02, massoud sabzali wrote:

> Hi to all ,
>
> I have created a library file by using ilibw.exe program and now
> i want to link it to another object files of my program, i used ATMega128
> cpu. i developed my software using ICCAVR IDE Ver 6.28. i couldn't found any
> way telling  to the linker to search in my own library file to find needed
> functions.
>
> 1- is there any switche or option in IDE for this reason?
> 2- what are Linker switches at all?

You need to create a library with Archiver program for the AVR target:
avr-ar.exe. See the GNU Binutils User Manual for how to use ar.

See the GCC User Manual orGNU ld user manual about the linker options and
how to link in libraries created with ar.

The GNU toolchain doesn't know anything about the ICCAVR formats.