Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-LibC license reqiurements

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-LibC license reqiurements
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:33:59 +0100 (MET)

As <address@hidden> wrote:

>I'm new to AVR-GCC and am unsure of the requirements when
>incorporating AVR-LibC into an embedded application.

(Btw.: just to avoid confusion, write libc, not libC -- some compilers
name the standard C++ library libC.)

>Is there an approved text that can be included in the product
>documentation that will cover the entire libc usage?

That's probably rather a question for the avr-libc developers
mailinglist.

So far, there's no document that sumarizes all the different
copyrights.  The actual copyright notice is IMHO a BSD-style one
(partially or completely with the old ``No advertising material...''
clause #3 removed), so the job is mostly to collect the names of the
different contributors.

If people feel this to be a Good Thing[tm], I volunteer to compile
such a document.  Alas, savannah is still not yet fully back (and
AFAICT, the code audit after the incident hasn't been done yet
either), so I currently could not commit such a document to CVS.