Re: [avr-gcc-list] Future of WINAVR

From: Janos Sztriko
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Future of WINAVR
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:12:53 +0100

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:08:15 +0100
Peter Bozzay <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,

> Just a perhaps silly question:
> I think there are some people here (with me), who are not linux
> professionals, but should use AVR development toolchain under linux,
> too, if there would be a complete, as easy installation as WinAVR
> package. I think about 2 ways:
> 1. Complete 1 file downloadable install package (e.g. on Avrfreaks),
> like WinAVR.
> 2. A script or program to collect all required and optional packages
> from the Net, configure, build and install them, and has capability of
> update from cvs sources.
1. The cdk4avr looks like what you are searching for:
http://cdk4avr.sourceforge.net/
Prebuilt binaries in rpm packages. Easy to install, everything in one place.
2. Why do you need this? IMHO to write a script like this is waste of time. You
don't have to be a wizard to build a toolchain manually, just a few steps. The
internet is full with information, but if I can help you, drop me an email (in
Hungarian :-))
> Peter
Janos