[avr-gcc-list] talking to ds1307 with i2cMasterSendNI

From: Vinnie Moscaritolo
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] talking to ds1307 with i2cMasterSendNI
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:12:04 -0800

I saw this mentioned on the list, but I wasn't sure of the outcome.
so here goes. I have a atMega8 using the built in oscillator. I am trying to
use the latest I2C Procyon AVRlib (9/15/03)   to talk to the ds1307 RTC

 Assuming a stock ds1307 I did the following simple example..

     u08 data[8] = {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};
     err = i2cMasterSendNI( 0xD0 , 8, data);

 I always get a I2C_ERROR_NODEV back..

although I can talk to my other i2c devices just fine..   I am wondering if
the AVRlib can't do i2c with a built in osc?

any ideas, and if I have to set a fuse, can I do it with uisp?
thanks..

--

Vinnie Moscaritolo