Re: [avr-gcc-list] Sharing interrupts

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Sharing interrupts
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 09:31:44 -0700

On 8 Dec 2003 at 21:26, Pablo Bleyer Kocik wrote:

> At 20:59 2003-12-08, Erik Christiansen wrote:
>
> >Whether you use gcc, or avr-as directly, the resulting object file is
> >then linked like any other, and the job is done.
> >
> >Erik
>
>   Well, then it seems there is no easy way to specify this behavior
> directly in the C code. I was trying to use the assembly file as the last
> resort. Calling external functions from the ISRs have a little performance
> hit in my application, perhaps I will end up duplicating code or rewriting
> my code for inlining...

You can use the function attribute, naked, "to indicate that the specified
function does not need prologue/epilogue sequences generated by the
compiler. It is up to the programmer to provide these sequences." (Quote
from manual.)

See the GCC manual for more:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/Function-
Attributes.html#Function%20Attributes>