Re: [avr-gcc-list] UART transmitting problem

From: Laurence Anderson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] UART transmitting problem
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:48:05 +0000

> First, make your transmission continuous.  You program (assuming it works)
> sends out a string, then halts in a tight loop.  Why not keep sending in a
> tight loop, so that you don't have to keep restarting the program?

I'm now using the picoweb code by Rune that works (adjusted UBRR to 25, and
loops to keep sending the message). I installed Terra Term Pro, and I see
random characters (but the correct number of them), however if I fiddle with
the settings to 7-bit data, I see the correct data! Then changing back to 8
it sometimes continues to work. Very weird.

Many thanks to everyone for their comments & suggestions,

Laurence