Re[6]: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Update (20082003)

From: Stephan Eisvogel
Subject: Re[6]: [avr-gcc-list] GCC-AVR Update (20082003)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:38:16 +0200

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, 3:53:44 PM, Jerzy Szczesiul wrote:
> Now, with libiconv 1.8 installed and --disable-nls option
> added, everything is OK with locale.h untouched.

Thought  that  would be it. If you are observant, you will notice that
binutils complains about makeinfo during "make install". If you have a
build script, do something like this to fix it:

#
# Aiee binutils need makeinfo 4.0 and not MSYS's 4.3
#
mv /mingw/bin/_makeinfo.exe /mingw/bin/makeinfo.exe
mv /mingw/bin/_texi2dvi /mingw/bin/texi2dvi
mv /mingw/bin/_texindex.exe /mingw/bin/texindex.exe
make install
mv /mingw/bin/makeinfo.exe /mingw/bin/_makeinfo.exe
mv /mingw/bin/texi2dvi /mingw/bin/_texi2dvi
mv /mingw/bin/texindex.exe /mingw/bin/_texindex.exe

> Thanks !!
> And don't wonder please - you talk to newbie in linux
> techniques ;-))

Don't  worry,  we've all been there. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have
written  back. ;) In case you are developing for ATmega162 also, I put
up  a  new  WinAVR  update  because  Joerg sent me a small fix for the
version  number  and I wanted to update avr-libc to 1.0 anyway for the
latest  ATmega162  header  file fix. 1.0 doesn't build on MinGW though
because  MinGW's autoconf/automake is too fresh. I worked around it by
autoconf'ing  avr-libc  on  a FreeBSD machine here and compiling it in
MinGW afterwards (double duh).

Later,
--se