[avr-gcc-list] Avarice & upper flash section

From: Marko Panger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Avarice & upper flash section
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:56:48 +0100

Hello all !

I am having troubles when trying to download a file via Avarice into my 128
device. My application consists of two sections. The first one resides at
low addresses, and the second one is a kind of bootloader which should be
placed at 0xf000.

I declared my own section and I've have passed the "--section-start" command
to the linker. It all compiles fine, even the map file is ok, but when I try
to read the firmware in flash there is no valid code (flash is empty
(0xfff)) at 0xf000. Off course I have programmed the *.bin file via JTAG in
my mega128 before.

Is this a known problem ?

Thanks,

Marko