[avr-gcc-list] Avarice+Gdb Very slow

From: Marko Panger AGB Lab
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Avarice+Gdb Very slow
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:51:42 +0100

Hello all !

I am using Avarice and Gdb from WinAvr package (under Windows environment).

I was wondering if anybody else noticed the slow communication between
Avarice and the JTAG box. Also all other things in Gdb, like single
stepping, memory viewing, setting breakpoints...is very slow. For example it
took me about 2 seconds to single step an assembler line.

I am in doubt what is slowing down the entire thing. Is this maybe slow
communication between Avarice and the JTAG box, are there some issues in
using Linux tools under Windows, or is there maybe some simple trick to
speed up everything.

Any comments, suggestions will be appreciated !

Marko