Re: [avr-gcc-list] #define with avr-as

From: RogerB
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] #define with avr-as
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:06:49 -0500

        I'm trying to get the hang of avr-as and I'm having a little
bit of trouble with redefining regester. I'm using avr-as version
2.13. When I build athe example programs that redefine a register
everthing goes OK but in my program I get an error message
 Error: register number above 15 required
The program looks like this
#include <avr/io2313.h>
#define temp r16
        .section        .text
start:
stuff here
vector1:        ldi     temp, 0x5f
                rjmp    start
Are there some special rules that I'm missing I
can't see any difference between my program and the layout of the
example programs. Any clues
TIA