[avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S and the __mcucr__

From: Kang Tin LAI
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] gcrt1.S and the __mcucr__
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:42:56 +0800

Hi,

My project which is OK with libc 20020203 and gcc 3.0.x, but failed with
20020630.

I found that the weak __mcucr__ and its setup codes were removed from
gcrt1.S. I use defsym ld option to setup the MCUCR for external SRAM
access.

In the gcrt1.S during startup, initialized data are copied to SRAM from
flash and then the bss zeroing. If MCUCR is not setup for external SRAM
access prior to data moving, and the length initialized data + bss
exceeds internal SRAM, then it is a serious problem.

Kang Tin LAI <address@hidden>
avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org