Re: [avr-gcc-list] float and double

From: Jamie Morken
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] float and double
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:07:31 -0700

Hi Ted,

I am using AVR Studio 3.55 with the avr-gcc compiler

In case this is important here are the compile flags from the makefile:

Here is another piece of code that loses resolution:

(they are all floats)
lat_integer = 48;
lat_fraction = 0.429048;
current_lat = lat_integer + lat_fraction;

the simulator reports current_lat to be 48.429 instead of 48.429048

Is this the price I have to pay for using an 8bit uC?! :)

best regards,
Jamie Morken