[avr-gcc-list] uisp with stk500 firmware version 1.10

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] uisp with stk500 firmware version 1.10
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:50:00 +0200

Hi all,

as I told you yesterday I have done now some tests with the
actual firmware on the stk500 board.

At first there I found that writing fuse bits is
not using any "universal" commands.

The used command sequence is now: (for at90s1200)
63ff20 write lock bit to ff
1410

7320   read lock bit, here the write fails while device was not erased
14df10 df found for lock bits

I can´t compare that to older stk firmware because my
avr studio is not accepting that old version.
----

writing internal oscilator example (at90s1200)
62 de ff 20   internal osci on
14 10

73 20         read/verify
14 de 10

62 df ff 20   internal osci off

----

Additional there were found an other settup for all
functions (also for at90s1200) if used for parallel programming

p: 42 33 00 01 ...

In seriall mode it is used as
s: 42 33 00 00 ...

is there a switch for setting this up, not found
that in code yet...

----

The programming error for 1200 is
----

uisp is actual not working with the stk500 because
the firmware version check fails.

----

I can spend some more time for tests and analyses.
If I should change the sources please give me
an idea who is actual doing something on the stk500
part in uisp. If there is no actual work i will
implement this changes next days. But I don´t
want do already done work again :-)

Thanks
        Klaus
avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org