[avr-gcc-list] uisp & stk500

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] uisp & stk500
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:16:31 +0200

Hi all,

i have some problems using at90s1200 and at90s2313.

In detail:

programming the at90s1200 give allways after after executing
uisp -dprog=stk500 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0 -dpart=at90s1200 --upload -if=xxx

output from uisp:
Uploading Flash
Programmer is not responding

After that the device does not run. If i do a --verify after
that all is working and the verify is ok. The programmed flash
contains the correct data.

This happens in parallel and serial programming!

Fuses:
Reading fuses from 1200 & 2323 fails. uisp try to read
4 Bytes fuses (there are 4 Bytes ?) All
output values written as 0xff.
Is it maybe impossible to read the fuses?

I am not able to programm the fuses :-(
Which set of fuses I have to use. I think that I
should be able to set the lock bits and also
the Internal Clock Enable of the 90s1200
but all that fails.

Writing the lock bits give allways:
Writing lock bits failed: are you shure this device has lock bits?
Lock Bit set to: 0xxx
where 0xxxx is allways the value i have putted behind the
--wr_lock=0xxxx
But writing the lock to 0xfe makes the internal
oscilator not working :-(

Any ideas?

Bye
        Klaus