Re: [avr-gcc-list] compiling avr-gcc from last snapshop with c,c++ fail

From: sue and clay wispell
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] compiling avr-gcc from last snapshop with c,c++ fail
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:26:30 -0400

hi all,

here are some expect scripts that i use to initially get the cvs sources for binutils, gcc and uisp. this is under rh7.2. i am accessing the cvs repositories from a private network hiding behind nat on another linux box that is on the public internet. the scripts may need modification for your location of expect (/usr/bin/expect for me) and your prompt (ends with # for me). hope they are of some use.

clay

#! /usr/bin/expect -f
spawn sh expect "# "
send "cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/src login\n"
expect "CVS password: "
send "anoncvs\n"
expect "# "
send "cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/src checkout binutils\n"
expect "# "

#! /usr/bin/expect -f
spawn sh expect "# "
send "cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc login\n"
expect "CVS password: "
send "\n"
expect "# "
send "cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc -z 9 checkout gcc\n"
expect "# "

#! /usr/bin/expect -f
spawn sh expect "# "
send "cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/uisp login\n"
expect "CVS password: "
send "\n"
expect "# "
send "cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/uisp checkout uisp\n"
expect "# "

Klaus Rudolph wrote:

Klaus Rudolph <address@hidden> wrote:

But i got an avr-gcc at the end. Now i will check this really actual
version
Hmm, but you know that you didn't get the most recent version, don't
you?
Now i found it out.... grrrrrrr :-)
Spend a complete day for nothing, ok. Can't get cvs sources behind the firewall, and over isdn i will wait one our
or?
OK, no chance, have to wait. Any ideas to go over the firewall? After cvs <server> login i get an prompt for password. Push only enter key and the sessions stops. This seems to be a firewall problem or?

As Marek already mentioned, the official GCC snapshots that can be
found on the FTP servers still track the 3.1 branch of GCC, while
Marek's current work is only available in the head of CVS (which once
will become GCC 3.2).  So for a truly up-to-date version, you

(unfortunately) need to cvs checkout the files yourself.

OK, will spend this night :-) This version also available on gnu?
Can you give me please the servers for checkout and versions to checkout.
Have I also use cvs for the libc? I found some stuff unter .../test which
seems
really be new, because it works only under gcc 3.2 :-)

Thanks
  Klaus

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org