Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtag and gdb

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtag and gdb
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:47:01 +0200

Iztok Zupet wrote:

> On Sunday 30 June 2002 12:48, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am searching for a jtag interface to gdb.
> > I have a stk500 and want to debug with
> > atmega128 with jtag and gdb. No solutions found on
> > the net :-(. All I found is avr ice.
> > But this is emulator/simulator from atmel or?
> > No simple jtag/seriell or parallel converter available
> > which works with gdb?
> >
> > Thanks for help,
> >
> > Klaus
> > avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org
>
> Hi:
>  Try <http://avarice.sourceforge.net/>

How can I use this software without the atmel avr ice hardware?
I have a stk500, there is a jtag port available (stk501)
and i need a connection to my serial or parallel port
an after that a driver for it and after all this things i can use
avarice?

I donĀ“t want to by avrice from atmel. Or is there some
big missunderstanding from my side?

Wondering...
        Klaus
avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org