Re: [avr-gcc-list] using stk500 under linux

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] using stk500 under linux
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:48:28 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Klaus,

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

:) Hi all,
:)
:) i have a new stk500/501 and want to use under linux. Which features
:) are actual supported from uisp? Fuses? VRef and OscFreq Settings?
:) I heared here that neerly all devices are actually supported, is this
:) correct?

I have added support for reading/writing fuses to cvs. I just looked at
the protocol spec that Jason Kyle reverse eng'd and there is some
information about the commands for reading/writing VRef and OscFreq
settings, but it is not implemented.

:)
:) Can you give a short summary of actual state of uisp development.
:) The delivered Readme's are not on actual state i think.

This just my experience. It does everything I need to do (since I added
the read/write of fuses ;) and then some. I'm not using the VRef or Osc
stuff right now, so I haven't needed those features. I could be persuaded
to add those if someone desparately needs them. ;-)

Marek is the one that knows uisp best (I think). I'm still learning the
code myself.

:)
:) By the way: A long time ago i asked atmel for a list of commands for
:) the stk500. They told me, that this list will come, if the software has
:) final state. Is the command summary for stk500 (protokol description)
:) now available? Have anybody seen such a list from atmel?

As far as I know, no one has seen the "Official Protocol" from Atmel yet.
If I'm wrong, I'd like to see it so it can be added to the cvs repository.

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org