[avr-gcc-list] avrgcc128_rc3

From: Patrizio Zelotti
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avrgcc128_rc3
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:10:32 +0200

Hi to all,

first I would like to thanks all people who are working on AVR-GCC.

I have developed a project using win32 AVR-GCC v 3.0 and until now I was able
to debug using AVRSTUDIO version 3.53 only using obj file, since the cof file
cannot be used, because make avrstudio crash. The same using AVR-GCC v 3.02.

Now I need to port this software to atmega128, I downloaded avrgcc128_rc3 from
www.smartsolutionnet.de/avrgcc and recompile my project without any source
modification.

As other people, I get errors from elfcoff.exe and cof file cannot be used.
The cof file done can be loader, but only some files can be accessed and not
all the project files.

As Maurizio Ferraris suggests, I removed all the global volatile declarations,
but the error in elfcoff remains.

But also I cannot load obj file, since I get an error message
"Error : one or more source files cannot be found" and then the error message
"Error in Nordic Object file".

Looking at the obj files ov avrgcc v 3 and avrgcc128, I saw that the obj file
of version 3 has the list of the source files with complete path and then the
list of the library source code with complete path (in my case
c:\avrgcc\lib\avr-libc-20011029\src\macros.inc and c:\avrgcc\lib\avr-libc-20011029\src\gcrt1.S)
while the obj file of avrgcc128 has same list of the source files with complete
path and then "..\..\crt1\gcrt1.S".

So I get the avr-libc-20020530 and extract the file gcrt1.S in the expected directory
and all work correctly, I was able to load obj file.

I do not know if this a bug of lib-c of avr-gcc, anyway in the next version of
avrgcc128 I suggest to include the source code of library.

Also, I would like to know who to recompile and install new version of library
on win32 systems ?

In previous version, in the src directory was present the makefile-win32
and with the command make -f makefile-win32 and then make -f makefile-
win32 install was possible to compile and after install the library.
In present version how can I use doconf, domake, on win32 system to do
the same ?

Thanks

Patrizio Zelotti
address@hidden