Re: [avr-gcc-list] The "Temporary Buffer"

From: Christoph Plattner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] The "Temporary Buffer"
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:09:08 +0100

Hello !

I don't know anything about the architecture of the write
algorism and the SPM structure, but I really think, that
such a buffer is implemented as a separate area in the
chip, not colliding to any part of RAM or ROM. But this
depends on the size of it.
Dependent on the page-size (sector size), there a flash
(eeprom) chips, where the user has to write without
interruption bytes in the programming algorithm for one
sector. Perhaps the buffer has the size of such one sector ...

Sorry, that the answer is so weak here.

Bye
Christoph P.