[avr-chat] Help with ftdi_syncbb

From: Kyle Roberts
Subject: [avr-chat] Help with ftdi_syncbb
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:06:30 +0000

Having issues with an ftdi_syncbb based programmer. I was able to find  binaries for AVRDUDE 5.11 which were built with libftdi1 support. However this version of AVRDUDE has a bug where the read thread would not close. See http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8419

I am trying to build AVRDUDE from SVN in MinGW. I have successfully built it with the following config:

Configuration summary:

----------------------

DON'T HAVE libelf

DO HAVE    libusb

DO HAVE    libusb_1_0

DO HAVE    libftdi1

DON'T HAVE libftdi

DO HAVE    libhid

DO HAVE    pthread

DISABLED   doc

ENABLED    parport

DISABLED   linuxgpio

However when I run avrdude, I get the error reporting that the device has not responded to Program Enable. I know that the programmer and device are connected correctly since everything runs fine in 5.11

Could it be that my build is pulling bad dependencies or possibly the programmer pin scheme has changed in the avrdude.conf? Any ideas? Thanks.

Kyle Roberts
Software Engineer

QRC Technologies
1211 Central Park Blvd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401

http://www.qrctech.com

540-300-8736 . Direct Dial
540-548-4080 . Fax
540-548-4082 . Secure Fax

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of this email by persons or entities other than the addressee is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.