Re: [avr-chat] my USBasp programmer does not work but the one from ebay

From: Martin Stejskal
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] my USBasp programmer does not work but the one from ebay is working
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 10:41:23 +0900

Hi,
The real problem is capacitance on USB wires. Long story short: the USB cables should be short as possible since USB working at 12 MHz (at least USBasp).
Also 12 MHz crystal should be very close to AVR chip. Long wires make troubles :)
Regards
   Martin

> > This is a photo of my breadboard:
> > http://yugiohjcj.free.fr/usbasp.jpg

It looks as if you have "too many wires". This schematic should have
just the CPU, a couple of wires to USB and a few (4) wires going to
the target. Together with two zeners and a two resistors, I expect
about 12 wires in total. I'm seeing about 3 times too many.

        Roger.

--
** address@hidden ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **