Re: [avr-chat] Need help with Avrdude and Arduino Uno

From: John Tucker
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Need help with Avrdude and Arduino Uno
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 12:51:17 -0400

Ormund:

On Sunday 03 July 2011 12:36 pm, you wrote:

> Change the above command line to:

 >       ./avrdude -c arduino -p m328p -P usb -v

Thanks for responding. I tried as you suggested and:
<input>
address@hidden:/home/knoppix# ./avrdude -c arduino -p m328p -P usb
-v

<output>
avrdude: Version 5.10, compiled on May 24 2011 at 21:10:31
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

         System wide configuration file is
"/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/root/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular
file, skipping

         Using Port                    : usb
         Using Programmer              : arduino
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "usb": No such file or
directory

and, if I substitute fully qualified path to dev I get:
<input>
address@hidden:/home/knoppix# ./avrdude -c avrisp2 -p m328p -P
/dev/ttyACM0 -v

<output>
avrdude: Version 5.10, compiled on May 24 2011 at 21:10:31
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

         System wide configuration file is
"/usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/root/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular
file, skipping

         Using Port                    : /dev/ttyACM0
         Using Programmer              : avrisp2
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
^C

Jack