Re: [avr-chat] Writing bootloader section on XMega128A1

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Writing bootloader section on XMega128A1
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 09:21:04 +0200

On 25.05.2010 07:37, Johannes Bauer wrote:

> Am I missing something here?

I've done some more digging and have found this:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28744

which looks surprisingly like the effect I'm seeing.

Howver, even with the patched avrdude version, it shows the same effect.
I cannot program the bootloader memory, although one time it apparently
has worked kind of: I'm seeing some programmed bytes when I read out the
boot section which have exactly the same size as my bootloader. However,
none of the bytes are right.

When I try to flash an example to the device which is only 100 bytes
long, it will retain the bootloader flash memory instead of erasing it.

This is so weird.

Kind regards,
Johannes