Re: [avr-chat] more of the same ;)

From: Michael N. Moran
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] more of the same ;)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:29:34 -0400

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
"Michael N. Moran" <address@hidden> wrote:

I seem to recall discussion about multiple memory
spaces being addressed at the C/C++ standarization
level, but can't seem to google a reference at present.

It's the "Embedded C" proposal, you can find it here:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/

It's got a number of interesting things to consider affecting our
work.  Multiple memory spaces are only one part, fixed-point number
standardization also might be interesting.

Thanks for the pointer.

The only thing that bothers me is the moniker "Embedded C".
Are there plans to roll this work into ... for lack of a
better word ... the "regular" C standard? What about C++?

I knee-jerk because of my distaste for the so-called
embedded C++ ... "effort" of a few years back.

Not all systems / embedded systems programming is limited
to resource contrained implementations.

Yeah... I know ... this is an AVR group ;-)

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1