Re: [avr-chat] more of the same ;)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] more of the same ;)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:48:21 +0200 (MET DST)

Rolf Magnus <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've found that now. It's a bug in the avr target of gcc. The fix is
> a simple one-liner. I guess I should to send this to someone to get
> it commited to the repository, though it's so small that it doesn't
> even deserve the name "patch" ;-)

Please file a bug report anyway, including the patch.  Then we can see
to trigger one of the AVR port maintainers to commit that.

>> Oh, while you are at it, move the vtables out to ROM, please. :-)

> The C and C++ front end are independant of the target, so everything
> must be done in the AVR target part (directory gcc/config/avr)

Given that there's no implementation for multiple memory spaces in
sight, perhaps the GCC maintainers could be made agree to give the
target code an option to override the way how vtable entries are
fetched?  That way, all other targets won't be affected: they simply
don't supply that override macro.

Just an idea, I've got no idea about the code path affected.