[avr-chat] ATMEGA162 USAR operation

From: Jim Brain
Subject: [avr-chat] ATMEGA162 USAR operation
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:15:00 -0600

I feel like an idiot, but I need help with ATMEGA162 USART0.

I am moving working M16 code to the M162. USART code works on 16, same code (with register names updated to add '0' in them) does not work on 162.

I am using 14.7456MHz crystal on both designs, and set the fuses correctly for that speed. I AM getting data on the TXD line, but it's not correct, just jibberish. If I set the M161C fuse to 0, the USAR stops working altogether (I assume due to the switch from using UBBRH and L to one word).

Has anyone else made a move from the 16 to the 162 and overcome a problem like this?

I'm gonna go check fuses again, but I've already checked them twice.

Jim

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations
address@hidden                                http://www.jbrain.com