autoscons-devel

[Autoscons-devel] delay dist command

From: Zhang Le
Subject: [Autoscons-devel] delay dist command
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:13:13 +0800

Hello all,
  I have a question on the usage of scons dist command with autoscons.
  I use:
    pkg.ExtraDist(get_files('dir')
    pkg.BuildDist(env)
  to push extra files in the package. Here get_files() is a function
  looks for a specific dir and return files found.  Since I have many
  files in 'dir', the procedure is very slow each time I execute scons
  to build something.

  Is there a way to delay the calling of ExtraDist and BuildDist until I
  execute some commands like "scons build_dist"?

  I have tried the following solution but with no luck:
    def build_dist(target, source, env):
        # instruct autoscons to build a distribution
        pkg.ExtraDist(get_files('dir')
        env.AlwaysBuild(pkg.BuildDist(env))

    and add this as the last line in SConscruct:
    env.Command('build_dist', None, build_dist)

   Any tips?

--
                                     Sincerely yours,
                                            Zhang Le