Re: automake compile problems

From: Andy Armstrong
Subject: Re: automake compile problems
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 19:23:25 +0000

Hi Eric,

That could well be a far better approach. I am not sure how to perform cross
platform builds, especially taking into account the interesting platform
uniqueness such as codepage etc. I have not used the 'make dist' argument
before, but it would prerequisite that I chose the appropriate configure and
make arguments to compile for the platform I am targeting.....thoughts? I am
not even sure of the official 'name' of the system I am targeting? s390? omvs?
To be clear, I am targeting USS on zSystems, not Linux on z. Thoughts? Best
practices?

Andy