Re: Mapfile missing from shared object artifact?

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: Mapfile missing from shared object artifact?
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 23:10:20 -0500

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Jeffrey Walton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Jeffrey Walton <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm trying to run 'make check' on Solaris. It results in:
>>
>> $ ./cryptestcwd v
>> ld.so.1: cryptestcwd: fatal:
>> /export/home/cryptopp/.libs/libcryptopp.so.6: hardware capability
>> (CA_SUNW_HW_1) unsupported: 0x4800000  [ AES SSE4.1 ]
>> Killed
>
> Any thoughts on this issue?

I gave up trying to have Automake use the flag. When I finally got it
applied using 'sed' on 'libtool', libtool choked on the option.

We ended up hijacking libtool's postlink_cmds (which was empty), and
inserting a script that used elfedit to insert the capabilities we
wanted:

    elfedit -e 'cap:hw1 0x1800' .libs/libcryptopp.so.6.0.0

Libtool probably should have warned it was discarding an important
f**k'ing option instead of trying to sneak it by. Silent failures
waste everyone's time and make my blood boil.

Also see https://github.com/noloader/cryptopp-autotools/commit/61828068c6ab.

Jeff