Re: Per-Object Flags for Autotool C++ library?

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: Per-Object Flags for Autotool C++ library?
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:13:58 -0400

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Jeffrey Walton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm working on adding Autotools to a C++ library and test program. My
> Automake.am has:
>
> <Nick and Mathieu's changes applied>

I believe I applied Nick and Mathieu correctly. The project is
available at https://github.com/noloader/cryptopp-autotools . It
includes the six Git commands to duplicate the issue.

The new issue is, the compile stops after about 4 files are compiled.
Here's the pastebin of `make V=1`: https://pastebin.com/nCYN2RHh. The
error is also shown below.

The linker is invoked for reasons unknown to me at the moment. Most of
the objects are missing. I even deleted the project's directory and
re-cloned to ensure they were not old artifacts hanging around.

I have no idea why a C compiler is being invoked in some places. I
took great care to ensure Autoconf knew this was a C++ project, and
not a C project. That's another problem I've been searching for an
answer for.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong this time?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

In the error below, integer.cpp was not compiled.

libtool:   error: 'libinteger_la-integer.lo' is not a valid libtool object
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1056: libcryptopp.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jwalton/cryptopp'
make: *** [Makefile:952: all] Error 2