Re: What is minimum set of Automake work files needed for distribution o

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: What is minimum set of Automake work files needed for distribution on github?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:36:39 +1000

On 09/28/2015 08:20 PM, Robert Parker wrote:
I need to meet the requirements of 2 sets  of users, the ordinary user who
is only interested `./configure; make; make install` and the power users
who want to start with `autoreconf`.

So far google search on the topic has only increased my confusion.

The minimum set is 'configure.ac' and 'Makefile.am', but we typically have the m4 files under version control as well to avoid the requirement that the right version should be available in a location where aclocal can find it. Then we usually add some text files also, such as 'README' and definitely 'COPYING'.

hth,
Peter