Re: Help with static linking

From: Diego Elio Pettenò
Subject: Re: Help with static linking
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:57:16 +0100

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Robert Boehne <address@hidden> wrote:

> -Wl,-static -lzzip -Wl,call_shared
>
> I don't have a computer in front of me, so YMMV, you should man ld to make
> sure those flags are correct.

What you're thinking of is -Wl,-Bstatic and -Wl,-Bdynamic — for the GNU
linker at least, but this is not portable.

Seriously, it sounds to me like something else is wrong, you should never
have the need to statically link stuff that way unless you're doing release
management of binary applications, in which case you have another set of
problems entirely.

Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
address@hidden — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/