Re: [FYI] {micro} tests: remove some code duplication

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: [FYI] {micro} tests: remove some code duplication
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 18:35:15 +0200

On 2013-05-22 15:57, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
> * t/ax/am-test-lib (null_install): New function.
> * t/instdir-java.sh: Use it instead of copied & pasted code.
> * t/instdir-lisp.sh: Likewise.
> * t/instdir-ltlib.sh: Likewise.
> * t/instdir-prog.sh: Likewise.
> * t/instdir-python.sh: Likewise.
> * t/instdir-texi.sh: Likewise.
> * t/instdir.sh: Likewise.
> * t/instdir2.sh: Likewise.

Hi!

Reading about micro releases in HACKING:

* Micro releases should be just bug-fixing releases; no new features
  should be added, and ideally, only trivial bugs, recent regressions,
  or documentation issues should be addressed by them.

Looking at this change (and possible others, I haven't checked
closely) I don't see the fit.

Now, I'm not complaining, but the above wording gave me the impression
that micro releases would contain very few commits, but it seems
that commits to micro are a lot more frequent than I anticipated.

The disconnect is perhaps that changes to tests are not explicitly
mentioned? And since "non-trivial but mostly safe" cleanups are
allowed in minor releases, I would assume that trivial cleanups
fit in micro as well? Maybe that should be mentioned explicitly?

Anyway, I don't really care, I'm just a bit surprised...

Cheers,
Peter