Re: Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:36:17 -0400

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Stefano Lattarini
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I should at this point decide whether just devote my "Automake time"
> to mainline Automake (which amounts at letting Automake-NG die,
> basically) or to Automake-NG (after tying some loose ends in the
> mainline Automake code base, of course).
>
> So, is anyone using or playing with Automake-NG, or at least
> contemplating the idea to do so in the short term?  Or should
> we just let the project die?

IMO, you should revisit your initial decision to have Automake-NG
instead of Automake-2.0, the latter of which would make having a foot
in both pools far more natural.  Your requirements change in several
ways, including how to handle the upgrade path between the two.  You
could also just blanketly deprecate everything non-gnu in
automake-2.0.

Because honestly... if you proceed with Automake-NG, will there ever
be a mainline 2.0?  Or will it just eventually die anyway?