[IMPORTANT] Savannah issues

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: [IMPORTANT] Savannah issues
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:06:14 +0100

On 02/23/2013 06:46 PM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

>>> Pushed now.
>>>
>> In a couple of days, I will proceed with this "branch moving":
>>
>>    * branch-1.13.2 -> maint
>>    * maint -> master
>>    * master -> next
>>
> Done.

Damn, not really.  For some questionable reason, Savannah is rejecting
my non-fast-forward push to master even if I specify '--force', and
I cannot use the usual trick "delete the remote branch, then push the
local one to it" trick that I typically use to work around this
problem, since 'master' is the "current branch" of the remote
repository, and that cannot be deleted to avoid confusing "git clone".

For reference, this is the error message I got when I try to delete
master:

  remote: error: By default, deleting the current branch is denied, because the
next
  remote: error: 'git clone' won't result in any file checked out, causing
confusion.
  remote: error:
  remote: error: You can set 'receive.denyDeleteCurrent' configuration variable
  remote: error: 'warn' or 'ignore' in the remote repository to allow deleting
the
  remote: error: current branch, with or without a warning message.
  remote: error:
  remote: error: To squelch this message, you can set it to 'refuse'.
  remote: error: refusing to delete the current branch: refs/heads/master

So *THE AUTOMAKE GIT REPOSITORY ON SAVANNAH IS CURRENTLY IN AN
INCONSISTENT STATE* (not broken, mind you, merely inconsistent with
our new declared policies), and should not be used until this issue
is resolved.

I don't have time to look into this presently, so I'd appreciate if
anyone could look into the issue (finding a way not have savannah
to reject non-fast-forward pushes would be enough).

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion,
  Stefano