Re: serial-tests option and backwards compatibility

From: Brandon Black
Subject: Re: serial-tests option and backwards compatibility
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:12:43 -0600

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Brandon Black <address@hidden> wrote:

> > There doesn't seem to be a way to set up my configure.ac such that my
>> tests
>>  > will run in serial mode on both older and newer versions of automake

Just FYI, for anyone else running into similar issues, I realized the
obvious workaround this morning: don't use the automake test harness stuff
at all and just execute your testrunner with a "check-local" rule.  You can
still use check_PROGRAMS to build stuff before check-local runs.  The
check-local rule just needs to contain the TESTS_ENVIRONMENT and TESTS
stuff you would've had for the serial test harness.