Re: problem with AM_PATH_PYTHON

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: problem with AM_PATH_PYTHON
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:04:35 +0200

Hi Václav, sorry for the delay.

On 10/15/2012 09:07 PM, Václav Zeman wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am having a problem with AM_PATH_PYTHON. I have this in my configure.ac:
>

> AS_IF([test "x$with_python" = "xyes"],
>   [AM_PATH_PYTHON([2.3], [:], [:])
>    AX_SWIG_PYTHON
>    AC_CONFIG_FILES([swig/python/Makefile])])
>

> The problem is that when I am cross compiling it ignores the if-block
> and puts the code of AM_PATH_PYTHON outside. The configure process then
> breaks like this:
>

> configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
> checking for a version of Python >= '2.1.0'... yes
> checking for the distutils Python package... yes
> checking for Python include path... -I/usr/include/python2.7
> checking for Python library path... -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7
> checking for Python site-packages path... /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
> checking python extra libraries... -lssl -lcrypto  -lssl -lcrypto \
>   -L/usr/lib -lz -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
> checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 \
>   -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
> checking consistency of all components of python development environment... no
> configure: error: in
> /home/wilx/log4cplus-bzr/work-trunk/objdir-mips-linux-gnu:
> configure: error:
>   Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has
> been
>   installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
>   via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
>   Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"

This doesn't look like output from the Automake-provided AM_PATH_PYTHON
macro...  Could you please post your config.log, configure and aclocal.m4
files (all compressed, please), as well as the exact command you've used
to generate them?  Maybe we'll have a better chance to understand what is
going on ...

Thanks,
  Stefano