Re: [RFC] Moving ltmain.sh and libtool.m4 into Automake

From: Diego Elio Pettenò
Subject: Re: [RFC] Moving ltmain.sh and libtool.m4 into Automake
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:02:55 -0700

On 17/10/2012 08:27, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>> > Creading a stand-alone libltdl package is a very good idea.
> The separation will also make both packages much smaller and more manageable,
> especially without all the contortions of trying to support all the different
> ways of copying everything into the parent package that libltdl currently
> supports.

As a Gentoo Linux packager I have one more reason for the split! We
currently follow whatever upstream packages together, unlike most binary
distributions, so libtool and libltdl stay on the same package... that
also means that we're bringing in the dependencies for ltmain/libtool.m4
at runtime for packages that are linking to libltdl.

A split would be _extremely_ useful for us!

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
address@hidden — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/