Re: Automake 1.11.2b test release

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: Automake 1.11.2b test release
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:43:30 +0100

Stefano Lattarini skrev 2012-01-27 17:16:
> On 01/27/2012 03:18 PM, Peter Rosin wrote:
*snip*
>> And here's from Cygwin "1.7.10s(0.259/5/3) 20120123" (latest snapshot, with
>> release candidate "quality", 1.7.10 is coming RSN, as they say).
>>
>> lzma.test fails for the same reason as above in MinGW,
>>
> Maybe it would be nice to start working around this before the release,
> by exporting "XZ_DEFAULTS=--memlimit=150MiB" in the environment?  If yes,
> extra points to whoever beats me at doing so ;-)

I'm not bothered enough, sorry, and there should be a way for the user
to override in case 150MiB (or whatever we select) is not appropriate, so
some care has to be taken...

What I don't get is what the f/#ยค they are doing stumbling over memory
issues when compressing what could best be described as tiny files, at
least compared to the memory that is available.  Crappy.

>> and transform2.test is an old known failure.
>>
> Has this already been reported in details and/or analysed?

There's this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake-patches/2010-08/msg00097.html

>> JFTR, my TeX install has been corrected with a tiny
>> patch (that has been mentioned previously on the Automake lists).
>>
> And I seem to recall you had reported the issue upstream to the Cygwin
> list as well ...  Hasn't it been fixed yet?

Nope, not that I know of.  Perhaps time for a ping...

Cheers,
Peter