Re: [GSoC conclusion] Two Branches for GSoC last valid changes

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: [GSoC conclusion] Two Branches for GSoC last valid changes
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:13:43 +0200

On Monday 22 August 2011, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Stefano wrote:
>
> > Partecipants to the Google Summer of Code are required to stop working
> > on their projects at August 22 19:00 UTC, ...
>
> I don't believe that is correct.  Students are free to keep working on
> their projects for as long as they want - it's just that for purposes of
> the GSoC student evaluations, only work done up to that hour can be
> considered for the final GSoC evaluation.

Yes, sorry for the sloppy wording (I was in a hurry); in fact, the purpose
of those "branches" (which are more of temporary tags in fact) is exactly
to allow me to continue the work on automake without creating confusion
about which of my commits are valid for what concerns the GSoC evaluation
(and also for the required code submission to Google Code).

Regards,
  Stefano