Re: debbugs, and a FAQ, for Autotools

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: debbugs, and a FAQ, for Autotools
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:08:33 -0500

> > However, my biggest concern is that right now, I filter both
> > autoconf and automake messages into the same mail folder, but
> > debbugs anonymizes which list a bug is being reported against
> > (that is, the To: is rewritten as address@hidden, so there is
> > no longer any mention of 'automake' in any of the normal mail
> > headers).

There is an X-GNU-PR-Package: header that you can filter on, or
configure your mail client to display by default. Or, you will still
receive the messages via the appropriate mailing list, so there will
be the standard List-Id etc headers. But no, there is no indication
that is visible by default if you have chosen to put two mailing lists
into the same folder. Maybe you could turn on the Mailman
subject_prefix option for your lists?

(It was a deliberate change to make it rewrite the To: header. After
about a year of using it for Emacs without that change, it was a
frequent occurence that people were either replying to both
address@hidden and bug-gnu-emacs, thus creating a bunch of pointless
duplicate mails, or replying to just bug-gnu-emacs, and somehow
creating a new bug report, which was even more annoying.)