Re: default -g ??!?

From: Russell Shaw
Subject: Re: default -g ??!?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 02:17:48 +1100

On 20/11/10 06:10, MK wrote:
I have a FOSS project distributed by debian, and for quite I've been
using this in the Makefile.am under install-data-am:

-strip --strip-all $(bindir)/executable

Since I could not find a way to prevent the project being built -g, and
there is no need for this.

Use dh_strip

However, I have a new release and my packager at debian is now saying
they do not want strip used in makefiles.

How can I prevent -g from being used?

The normal debian packages are stripped by dh_strip, or not when
the debug-symbols debs are made. Therefore, the debian packager
wants control over that. Therefore, you don't need to worry about
stripping.