Re: Building prog first

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: Building prog first
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:50:29 +0000

On 23 March 2010 06:03, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Reuben,
>
> * Reuben Thomas wrote on Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 04:44:17PM CET:
>>
>> Not true.
>
> Huh?  On the level of implementation Russel is working on, that is very
> much true.  Please read the whole thread; I didn't say this is
> impossible.

I guess it comes down to what you meant by "like this". I re-read the
thread and it seems that Russell is trying to do a very similar thing
to what I used to do in GNU Zile, so I'm not sure what about it makes
cross-compilation fail, except some small details that he could fix.

> Why not go for Autoconf?  That is where it should belong, and yes,
> better support for this situation would be very nice to have integrated
> better.

Mostly lack of motivation: this is not a feature I use at the moment.
I will do the cleanup required to get the code into autoconf-archive,
and someone with more motivation will hopefully "promote" it later.

> Hey, as they say, patches welcome!

When I have finished rewriting GNU Zile in Lua, I suspect I will want
to help with this.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org