Re: preserve Python directory hierarchy

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: preserve Python directory hierarchy
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:48:22 +0100

Hi Baurzhan,

* Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote on Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 08:00:13AM CET:

> Now, how can I exclude the source .py files from the installation? I've
> tried nodist_nobase_python_PYTHON, but that doesn't seem to do what I
> want.

nodist_ is to avoid distribution, that is, `make dist' putting the file
into the tarball.  To avoid installation (which happens with `make
install'), replace `python_' (which denotes that this file belongs
installed in $(pythondir) with `noinst_'.  Note that noinst_PYTHON files
will not be byte-compiled, though.  Note that noinst_PYTHON files will
not be byte-compiled, though.

Cheers,
Ralf