Re: installation error with automake 1.11 but not with 1.10

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: installation error with automake 1.11 but not with 1.10
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:37:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

OK, I know what's happening now, it is an issue with trailing slashes.
Luckily, there is an easy workaround: Please use
 controllerdir = $(libdir)/eina/mp

instead of
 controllerdir = $(libdir)/eina/mp/

in the Makefile.am.  Be sure to run "make clean" once, so that
eina_chained_mempool.la is rebuilt.

Indeed, it works. Thank you

I suppose we should make the libtool script be more forgiving about
this, and definitely document this new requirement in the Automake
manual.  I don't see how to easily fix it within Automake alone, without
also giving up the faster install.

If we should just remove the trailing slash, it's not a big deal.

Thank you

Vincent Torri