Re: In-tree datafiles

From: David Sveningsson
Subject: Re: In-tree datafiles
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:47:20 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues skrev:
> Typically, this comes up for the testing part of the package (make
> check).  In the simplest case, set TESTS_ENVIRONMENT (used for the
> programs listed in the TESTS macro).  Otherwise, you can use a wrapper
> script (or scriptlet to be sourced) for your uninstalled programs that
> sets an environment variable that overrides the compiled-in value of
> DATADIR.  This approach has the advantage of not requiring a compile
> when installing.

Thanks for your reply! I wrote a wrapper and modified my application to
look at the environment variable. Works excellent! Well, running under
gdb is still a bit of a problem but I can live with settings the env.
variable manually in that case.

Thanks again!

--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow
man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for
thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating
beautiful new impediments to understanding.