Re: preprocessor output target

From: Jason Roscoe
Subject: Re: preprocessor output target
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:43:41 -0400

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hi Jason,

* Jason Roscoe wrote on Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:13:31PM CEST:
I apologize if this is not the correct list

It's dead on.

In addition to Stepan's answer:

The main reason is that I want to be able to see the headers that are being included and where they are getting pulled from. Is this already built in to the tools I am using? Thanks.

If all you care about is the set of headers used for init.o, then
typically you can peek at the dependency file, .deps/init.Po, which
was generated during the last compilation of init.o.

Cheers,
Ralf

Ok, the .deps directory is indeed useful for what I am trying to find out. And, I do have lots of experience doing exactly what Stepan mentioned but now that technique is getting to be too complicated with the large compile lines I have (and with libtool in the mix).

Thanks for the tips.