Re: ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS problems

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS problems
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:44:00 +0100

Hello Ruben,

Apologies for the delay, I must have missed this somehow:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/8983>

* Ruben Henner Zilibowitz wrote on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 01:59:44PM CET:
> I have run into a problem where the following line:
> ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4
> in the top level Makefile.am causes "make dist" to fail. Eg:
>
> Ruben-Henner-Zilibowitzs-iMac:hello rhz$ make dist
> { test ! -d hello-0.1 || { find hello-0.1 -type d ! -perm -200 -exec
> chmod u+w {} ';' && rm -fr hello-0.1; }; }
> test -d hello-0.1 || mkdir hello-0.1
> /bin/sh: hello-0.1/Bunga: No such file or directory
> cp: hello-0.1/m4/am_prog_mkdir_p.m4: No such file or directory
> make: *** [distdir] Error 1
>
> Removing "ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4" solves the problem, but I have
> another project which needs this for autoconf to work correctly, so I
> can't remove it, so "make dist" always fails there. If anyone can help
> explain what might be going wrong exactly here, I'd really appreciate
> it.

I don't yet see what's going on, could you make the package available
somehow, or a small subset of it that reproduces the failure?  Which
Automake version do you use?

Cheers,
Ralf