Re: make install / parallel

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: make install / parallel
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:22:53 +0100

* NightStrike wrote on Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:14:32PM CET:
> On 1/28/08, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> > <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake-patches/2008-01/msg00070.html>

> From the looks of things, this will not apply to _SCRIPTS primaries.
> My project in question has 98% of its files installed under that
> primary (as you may or may not recall).

Thanks, I suppose we should special-case _SCRIPTS (and maybe _PROGRAMS,
too) then for the case where --program-{prefix,suffix,transform-name}
have not been set.

Relying on whether $(transform) equals `s,x,x,' seems really ugly.
Could get fancier and see whether none of the files actually changed
names under the transform...  Hmm.  Maybe in a followup patch.

Cheers,
Ralf